[Phys-L] Re: Weighing air (Was: electricity)

Building on Vickie's suggestion. I recall that thin plastic soda bottles
can handle about 50 psi.

If one drills a hole in a cap, and screws in a threaded tire valve
(available at many autoparts stores for go-faster alloy wheels)
Then one could compare the weight of the bottle at ambient
pressure, and one inflated to 15 psi, even 30 psi, using a digital
postal balance.

This would give a reasonably plausible result, quite cheaply.

Brian Whatcott
p.s. Care obviously needed with inflation)