[Phys-L] Re: PasPort photogates

Thanks to to folks who responded to my original post.
The problem turns out to be a software problem :-)

When I use the photogate collision timer (to determine v1 and v2 in
gates 1 &2)
and a recordable timer to measure time from gate1 to gate2 (starting
when gate1 is blocked and stopping when gate2 is blocked)
and creating a calculation "acceleration = (v2 - v1)/time

the DataStudio experiment works on my iBook running OS 10.2.8, but not
on the lab iMacs running OS 9.1!

I upgraded the iMacs to 9.2.2 and the experiment file DOES work... so
all is well

- Owen

My slot loading iMacs running OS 9.1 won't