[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: PasPort photogates

I had this problem too, the solution is to use the custom timer option
(prob. not the real name, but I am home and cannot look it up). As I
remember it is the last option on photogate setup. It allows you to
record exactly what triggers a gate and what is recorded. A calculation
can then be set up with the data.

I needed to set something like this up since the default gate to gate
timing setting would allow either gate to start the timing. When my
students moved a cart back up the track, all sorts of strange numbers
would appear. My custom timer would only allow gate on to start and
gate two to stop the timing.

Will send the file if requested, but I will not be able to until Monday

Scott

Scott Goelzer
Physics Teacher
Coe-Brown Northwood Academy