[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: "Effective" teaching methods

-----Original Message-----
From: Frohne, Vickie
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 9:32 AM

there are some
excellent research-based materials for K-8, but most that
I've seen only cover single topics (I'm thinking about the
excellent FOSS kits, for example) and are not integrated,
research-based year-long science curricula satisfying all
state standards & etc. If anyone knows differently, please
clue me in.

FOSS correlations to various state standards are shown at:
<http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/foss/scope/correlations/index.html>
They do cover most or all state standards for many states.
They are also year-long science courses
<http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/foss/scope/index.html>

All these materials include extensive teacher guides that provide detailed
step by step instructions for teachers. They also include extensive
background materials for teachers. Having been an advisor and technical
reviewer for the FOSS Force and Motion, and Electronics modules, I of course
think very highly of them.