[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: Twins on cell phones

Rick Tarara wrote:
OK--as I thought, but doesn't the fact that the moving twin hears Alvin &
the Chipmunks let him know he's the one moving?

Yes,

I know the accelerations allow him to know,

Indeed ... so add the chipmunks to the list of ways Moe knows
his experience is not equivalent to Joe's.

but anyway to arrange this so that he's always moving
towards the fixed twin?

Sorry, I can't figure out what that's trying to say.

The big acceleration during the turn-around at the midpoint
of Moe's mission is the crux of the usual 'twins' scenario.
If the two observers are uniformly moving toward each other,
it's a completely different scenario, and a full description
of the new scenario is probably needed.