[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: Twins on cell phones

Rick Tarara writes:

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Tarara [mailto:rtarara@SAINTMARYS.EDU]

During our discussion of the Twins Paradox--my version has one twin
rush off
to Alpha Seti 6 (30 ly) to pick up a pizza and returns an hour later
on his
clock--a student asked, what if they were talking to each other on cell
phones (intergalactic versions) throughout the trip. What does each
twin
experience?

From my casual observations, neither student would notice anything
unusual ... they'd both spend the entire time talking instead of
listening ;-)

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana
rtarara@saintmarys.edu
Free Physics Educational Software (Win & Mac)
NEW: Animations for PowerPoint
Animation updates
International Energy Management Simulator
Energy 2100--class project
www.saintmarys.edu/~rtarara/ENERGY_PROJECT/ENERGY2100.htm

"We are stuck with our universe, and
powerless to alter its fundamental constants."
- Heinz Pagels, 1985

Dr. George Spagna
Chair, Physics Department
Randolph-Macon College