[Phys-L] Re: global warming

In fact yes, but that was due to an ecological (but natural) disaster.
About 11,000 years ago there was a 10 degree (I'm assuming Fahrenheit)
cooling in 1 century due to a large fresh-water inland sea (Canada) being
dumped suddenly into the North Atlantic. This event, is IMO, a strong call
for caution in the global warming discussion.

Well, Rick, are we forgetting that the Earth precesses with a period of
some 23kyr.

If the Earth were _not_ currently (and recently) warming, then something
would be clearly and disastrously wrong.

Jim

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen