Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 1:28 PM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Re: [PHYS-L] Spring question

=20

Thank you for the compliment on my explanation! =20

=20

Microsoft IS to blame for the "pox." I'm using three computer syste=
ms.
The Windows 95 machine in my office, running Outlook, produces no pox=
.
I'm also using a Windows XP laptop and a Macintosh OS 9.2 system on
which different versions of Microsoft Outlook WebAccess appear. Sinc=
I'm doing more research now, I'm not in my office that much. The "po=
x"
appears when I access my campus e-mail and post using the Web. I thin=
that the problem's been made worse since the campus upgraded their
servers (of course). Beats me what to do about it, other than to kee=
my posts short and to beg your indulgence.

=20

If I wish to keep long messages that are diseased with the "pox," I
sometimes paste 'em into a word processor and use find-and-replace to
de-pox 'em. Word lets you "replace" something with nothing - a handy
trick sometimes.

=20

Happy holidays (of your choice) to all on this list!

=20

Vickie

=20