[Phys-L] Re: suudent problems wireless in class

It doesn't have to be laptops or PDAs or other high-tech stuff. It can
be cell phones.

My daughter is a freshman in college, and she occasionally sends text
messages from her cell phone to my cell phone. One day when her message
included "<abc> class sure is boring today" I realized I was mostly
getting messages about the same time each day, and they were coming
during the time she is in a particular class.

I messaged back that she shouldn't send me text messages while she is
supposed to be paying attention in class. She messaged back, "OK, there
are plenty of others I can send messages to."

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Chemistry and Physics
Bluffton University
Bluffton, OH 45817