[Phys-L] Re: accelerating charge

... we know from special relativity that uniform motion cannot radiate

Right, but don't we also suspect that uniform acceleration can't
radiate? As Feynman points out, it would seem to be inconsistent
with the strong equivalence principle and the first law of
thermodynamics. Do we want to admit a universe in which a static,
charged spherical body emits steady EM radiation?

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona