From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu]On
Behalf Of RAUBER, JOEL
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 11:35 AM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Low enrollment courses

Do any of you come from schools or know of schools that cancel low
enrollment courses (sections)? If so, how do they handle exceptions?
In particular I'm interested in schools that use a mechanism along th=
lines of the average section size for the department must be above a
certain magic number. Or other creative ways allowing, the often low
enrollment advanced physics courses, to proceed.
=20
Thanks. =20
=20
FYI, the magic number for a section not to be canceled at our system =
is
10 students in an undergraduate section.
=20

Joel Rauber=20
Department of Physics - SDSU=20

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu=20