Science can amuse and fascinate us all, but it is engineering that changes the world.

Back in a previous age (before 1958), I read a small book by J. R.
Oppenheimer. The last page was a discussion on the reality "behind" a
meter reading. I think it may be helpful to the recent thread on
reification. While searching I found the Quote above. I think the
book was (is) "Science and the Common Understanding" ; can anyone confirm?

ISAAC ASIMOV, Isaac Asimov's Book of Science and Nature Quotations,
1988. (S&S)

http://www.physics.udel.edu/wwwusers/watson/scen103/quotes.html

bc, who disagrees w/ the quote.