Re: Oh My God particle

At 06:59 PM 10/25/2004, you wrote:
Hello to the Group--

Back in 1992 I became aware of a particle called the "Oh My God"
particle. A very interesting object. I did a google search for this
object and could not find anything with a date later than 1993. I was
wondering if anyone knew of any publications since 2000 that has
addressed this object.

Thanking you,

Carl C. Gaither

It appears the OMG particle to which Carl alluded was seen at a U.Utah
Cosmic Ray Observatory (at Dugway 1991) and estimated at 50 joules energy.
(!)

God particles are mentioned currently in connection with a putative
sighting of a Higgs boson at a Swiss facility. The suggested mass is a mere
117 GeV Refined estimates for the top quark mass at this value from
folks at U Rochester put the search for the Higgs back in play.

There is a book by Lederman called t'The God Particle".

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!