Re: COLD FUSION

1) How can cold fusion be compared with nonsense like this?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1312477,00.html

Unfortunately, many think that claims are similar.

2) A German science reporter. H. Leitz, wrote a paper on cold fusion
in an online journal. The abbreviated English version is available at:

http://www.heise.de/tp/english/inhalt/co/18580/1.html

It is essentially a summary of well known facts, except for details
about the ongoing DOE investigation. Those who understand German might
prefer to see the full version at:

http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/special/zen/18579/1.html

3) I can now say that I am a cold fusion researcher. To see the data
from my "day of glory" (10/12/04) go to:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/183data.html

My entry (intrusion?) into this project is traced in:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/182glory.html

4) After returning from the ICCF11 (11th International Conference on
Cold Fusion) I will be working for one week with Dr. Richard Oriani, a
veteran cold fusion researcher, to observe what he calls "cascades" of
nuclear tracks. Nothing fancy is needed, he claims, to observe such
cascades in air above his electrolytic cell. The cell was described in
Oriani's paper presented last year (at ICCF10). The paper convinced me
that CR-39 detectors are ideal for discovering nuclear signatures of
excess heat. First I want to learn from Oriani, then I want to describe
his setup. Do you think The Physics Teacher will accept our paper
describing cold fusion experiments for students? I hope so. I will not
submit the paper unless I can observe Oriani's cascades (at least five
times out of ten attempts) on my own. (That would already be better
than performing some of the electrostatic experiments under unfavorable
conditions.) Nobody knows why cold fusion experiments are not highly
reproducible. That the situation might change when reports from
hundreds of students are compared. More about this later.
Ludwik Kowalski
P.S.
Posting without a permission from Dr. Oriani. His influential paper can
be downloaded from the LIBRARY at:

http://www.lenr-canr.org