Re: latent heat of evaporation

On Monday, Sep 27, 2004, Bob LaMontagne wrote:

There is a temeprature dependence to L, namely,

dL/dT = C_pv - C_pw

(refer to Bohren: Atmospheric Thermodynamics, p197)

This is not related to bubbles, just the temperature dependence
of the enthalpies of the liquid and vapor.

I am not certain about notation. What are C_pv and C_pw?
I am familiar with Cp and Cv but not with C_pv and C_pw.
Ludwik Kowalski