Re: angular momentum transfer?

Colin Quinney wrote:
... I am presently searching for a
reference to a classroom demo that shows two wheels on a short axle, where
one wheel with lead (Pb) rim is spun up- and another wheel close by (on
the same axle) responds to the momentum change of the first wheel with a
small reverse rotation. I wish to replicate this so that I may study the
phenomena.

I've never seen or heard of such a phenomenon.

It must be irreproducible at best, depending on unspecified
details of how the axle is supported, et cetera.

Also ... describing it as simply a "transfer" is misleading
at best, since a simple transfer of angular momentum in
the stated direction would require an energy input, which
will not be available unless there are tremendous non-
idealities in the apparatus.