Re: spherical geometry

At 01:03 PM 8/19/2004, Carl you wrote:
///
>Using methods similar to my PDF, I find the arrow points 29.5
>degrees north of east.
///
Carl

I *agree* with Carl's answer for the Guantanamo Bay location.

///

David Bowman

At the nit-picking level, I disagree with both.
Bearings on Earth are given with N as 0 degrees, read clockwise,
So Carl and David are offering an initial bearing of 60.5 degrees.

I will admit that the line I stretched over a globe could only provide
me with an estimate of 66 degrees for the initial bearing.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!