Free Physics Software

Excuse my once-a-year cross-posted 'advertisement', but this is the most
efficient way to communicate these offerings.

The above URL will take you to the entry point for my Windows and Mac
instructional software. Full descriptions of the work and a download page
are there. All the software is FREE for instructional use and can be
directly downloaded (a CD for instructors is available at cost).

NEW STUFF

1) The entire Windows Library has been recompiled to make the programs more
portable and to remove problems with long path names to files. This will
improve the software performance when placed on a network.

2) The Animated Chalkboard animations have been recompiled into a set so
that you can call individual animations up from WITHIN a PowerPoint
presentation. Instructions for doing this are included.

3) A 'SIMLAB-LITE' package is now available with all the 'photo-realistic'
lab simulations available without the video files. This streamlines the
download and simplifies installation for students. The video access on the
full SIMLAB modules has been reworked slightly.

4) A new Energy Management Simulator is now available that can be played
for many different countries or regions of the world. This simulator looks
at the problem of replacing oil and natural gas use over the next century.
It keeps track of the cost in money and land to replace these fossil fuels
with the user's choices of wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, hydro, nuclear,
and coal resources. This software is based on my yearly class project to
design an energy distribution system for the U.S. for the year 2100 (see web
page below). Use of the software with my class last year proved very
successful.

5) A student CD collection of most of the software is now available (at
cost). This collection can be run directly from the CD and all programs are
accessed from a single menu program to simplify use.

See the Web pages for more details.

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana
rtarara@saintmarys.edu
Free Physics Educational Software (Win & Mac)
NEW: Animations for PowerPoint
Animation updates
International Energy Management Simulator
Energy 2100--class project
www.saintmarys.edu/~rtarara/ENERGY_PROJECT/ENERGY2100.htm