Re: out-sourcing (was book sharing) (was: Re: Pedagogy)

For what it's worth, I have now been seeing "illegal" copies of the textbook
appear in my introductory class. These are copies sold by the same
publisher to markets outside the U.S. for about half what american students
pay. Available via the web, these copies boldly announce "This book not for
sale within the U.S.A.". Who can blame the students?

Richard Zajac
Kansas State University Salina

Shouldn't they also be thinking about out-sourcing the text provisioning,
altogether? perhaps even off-shoring it?