Re: book sharing (was: Re: Pedagogy)

Open book tests might be another strategy. ;-)

Rick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Smith" <larry.smith@SNOW.EDU>

I find this situation appalling. I didn't realize it was so widespread.
encountered it for the first time this semester.

Sure, textbooks are expensive (and seem to have gotten more so faster than
inflation), but I still agree with Michael that they shouldn't risk an
investment of thousands by not spending the $125 for the textbook.

Physics Teachers Unite! Let's all give daily reading quizzes as Bob
mentions. Maybe we can head of this cultural trend (book sharing) at the
pass by united action.