Re: Integrated Circuit data book

1. try the web
2. Horowitz and Hill (of course, very incomplete and not up to date, but
quite useful for design)
3. A collection of the various firms' data books -- it's been a while (>
10 years), but back then the data was listed both by function and alpha
/ numerically.

bc
for example "googling": analog switches.

first reference is

http://www.philipslogic.com/products/switches/

listed by functions!

Gary Turner wrote:

Is there a good reference showing pin identification for standard IC chips?

Also, where would I find a list containing IC numbers tabulated against
function (all I can find is catalog listings showing function tabulated
against number - but that's a hassle if you just want to know what chip you
need to do a certain task)