Re: Our textbook

For intro physics, I recommend Matter & Interactions by Chabay and
Sherwood. I nearly cover the entire book (vol 1 for mechanics and vol 2
for E&M).

For modern physics, Tom Sandin's book Essentials of Modern Physics was
written with very short chapters and one chapter for each 50 minute
lecture. There are 37 chapters, so that you can cover the entire book
(and have exams, quizzes, etc.) in a 15 week semester. I really like
this format.

AT