Re: PER textbook suggestions

You might consider
"Understanding Physics" by Karen Cummings, Priscilla W. Laws, Edward F.
Redish ,Patrick J. Cooney. It's published by Wiley. It is actually a
revamped edition of Halliday, Resnick & Walker with some re-arrangement of
topics plus PER-like exercises added to the traditional ones. I haven't used
it so I cannot speak from experience, but given the history of HR and the
PER credentials of the authors this could be what you are looking for.

Karim Diff