ADVERT. 4 Martian clock

My horologist (among other "hats") friend sent the following msg. to the
rover team.

The reader may be interested in his other inventions or desire a custom
made one.

bc

"You may be interested to know that I am making quartz wall clocks that
keep Mars time.

"For a couple of years I have been making sidereal quartz clocks. These
got started as a request from Claudia Spaeth-Beaudoin at Mt. Wilson
Observatory. I made several sidereal clocks for her and her associates,
and then began to offer them on my web site to other professional and
amateur astronomers. See:
http://www.bmumford.com/clocks/sidereal

"I have adapted the time keeping processor of the sidereal clock to keep
Martian time. Each second of the Martian clock is trimmed to be 1.027491
Earth solar seconds, plus or minus about 2 parts per million. This is
accurate to one or two seconds per week.

"I read on the Mars Rovers web site about the Martian watches being made
by Garo Anserlian. My Martian clock may be of interest to your people as
it hangs on a wall and many people can see it. I will be making them in
8" ($150) and 12" ($175) sizes. Mumford Micro is a small business, and I
assemble these clocks individually. So we can't supply a great many of
them or supply them in a great hurry. It's just an interest of mine, and
I thought it might interest you as well."