Re: Here is a little reality check on the High Stakes testing

Think about the probability of what you report: AFQT of 89/99
On a four choice multiple choice exam, random picking of answers ought to
be somewhere much much lower. (Maybe 25%)
Perhaps your son is covering up or an Air Force Recruiter is messing with
the student answer sheet to get another recruit.
I suspect that the recruiter is honest and your son has a good head on his
shoulders. That's partly your doing.
It won't hurt him to go in the Air Force or any branch of the military
either. There are very good training opportunities for young people there.
Its much better that than to se them laying around and doing nothing at
all
after graduation. Pays good and pays good for the jobs he can get when he
gets out.

He was required to take the test as part of a course, and along with the
rest of the students bubbled it randomly. They all abused the test. My son
is currently planning a career as a mechanical engineer, but may take
engineering physics. I can only report the really high scores some of which
were 99% for a 12th grade student in particular topics. Perhaps he should
be tested for ESP? Is Dr. Rhine still in business at Duke?

And, yes, they should have a way of checking for this type of nonsense.
They are very foolish if they do not have internal checks for invalid
patterns of responses. My son has a mind of his own (don't they all) and
will pursue his own path.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX