Re: Announcer Survey 3

On Tuesday, December 9, 2003, at 04:36 PM, Bob LaMontagne wrote:

Why are you forwarding this? I don't know about you, but this person
(O'Kuma) has been sending me this request every few days. This has
become SPAM. I can't imagine why you are inflicting this on us once
again by forwarding it.

Bob at PC

Dan MacIsaac wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: "O'Kuma, Thomas" <tokuma@lee.edu>
Date: Tue Dec 9, 2003 11:49:28 AM US/Eastern
To: "O'Kuma, Thomas" <tokuma@lee.edu>
Subject: Announcer Survey 3

Dear Colleague:

Well, Bob, it's part of our nefarious worldwide plot to drive you
personally crazy during finals week, which seems to be progressing
nicely :^). We'll be increasing your caffeine intake later this week...

Seriously, this is an important issue to the AAPT which is an
unofficial sponsor of PHYS-L. In particular, I'd like to see the AAPT
establish a permanent searchable electronic archive for all meeting
abstracts and related information. I know there was some resistance
to this in the past (I recall there was concern that some thought this
might be confused with peer review) and I happen to strongly
disagree with that position.

Ideally the survey would be emailed out once to individuals and posted
on the standard physics education listservs, and I feel strongly that
this
is an appropriate posting for PHYS-L. A search on "announcer"
in PHYS-L archives for this year dredges up only your and my two (now
three) posts on the O'Kuma survey. Posting it here (and archiving
the call for feedback for others to find) might even help eliminate
redundant email in the future.

Dan "Dr. Evil " M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SCIE BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave , Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>