Re: transfer of momentum

A ring resting on a horizontal table is pulled radially
(away from the center) by three strings. The other
sides of stings are attached to suspended masses
(via pulleys). In other words, it is a classical force
table activity on static equilibrium.

1) Who is transferring momentum to whom? (I am
not quoting because I already deleted messages
from Herb and JohnD on that subject).

2) We say "this set of forces produces a desired
equilibrium while that set does not." Or something
like that. The verb "produces" also means:

is responsible for,
results in
causes
gives,
leads to
contributes to,
etc. etc.

The phrase "conditions of equilibrium" is also deeply
rooted in the cause and effect way of thinking. What is
gained by removing the idea of causality from physics?
Ludwik Kowalski