College Credit for AP Physics

Dear Phys-L list,

This question is regarding college credit for advanced placement physics.

Background
At my college we give credit for the first semester of calculus-based
physics (4 semester credits) if the student has a score of 4 on the
Physics B exam. If they have a score of 5, we give them 8 semester
credits of calculus-based physics. They also get credit for the first
semester of calculus-based physics (4 semester credits) if they get a 3 or
higher on the Physics-C Mechanics exam. Note: the first semester of
calculus-based physics is mechanics.

Question
Should anything be changed if we are looking for equivalence with
algebra-based physics? We also have two semester courses of that type. In
other words, should "algebra-based" or "calculus-based" physics make any
difference in the equivalency?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Steven Ratliff