Re: Elliptical orbits and Sommerfeld

On 07/30/2003 08:25 AM, Craig Lucanus wrote:
> I'd really appreciate it if somebody tell me
> if I'm on the right track,

Whether you're on the right track depends on
where you're trying to go.

If you're trying to understand atomic physics,
eliptical orbits are not the right track.
Adding relativistic corrections to a fundamentally
wrong theory is not worth the trouble.

> I'd really appreciate it if somebody tell me
> if I'm on the right track, or direct me to somewhere online I can find
> answers to this questions.

If you're working on a biography of Sommerfeld,
this probably isn't the right mailing list. Not
a lot of historians here.

If you're lucky, you might find a starting-point at
http://www.aip.org/history/

I get 150 hits from
http://www.google.com/search?q=sommerfeld+site%3Aaip.org