Tragedy involving John and Kathy Stoltenberg

Dear All --

It is with great sadness that I inform you of the death of John Stoltenberg
and his wife Kathy. John had supported our Sophomore - Graduate level labs
at the University of Washington, Seattle. While he was not a particularly
active poster on TAP-L or PHYS-L, I know that he was friends and had
individual correspondence with a number of you. John and Kathy died Monday
morning when the tandem bicycle they were riding was struck by a truck
outside of Lake Louis in Canada. Those of us that had the privilege of
knowing him will remember him for his kindness, gentle spirit and
generosity. He will be sorely missed by us all.

We do not yet know of details of services, but if you reply privately I
will keep you apprised of all that I know.

In sadness --

Jason Alferness

Jason Alferness
University of Washington
Room B256B, Physics & Astronomy Building
Campus Box 351560
Seattle, Washington. 98195-1560

Phone: (206) 221-2974
FAX : (206) 685-0635