Re: compact fluorescent bulbs

The quality of these bulbs seems to have increased substantially over
the last 10 years or so. I still won't buy 'off brands' but have
found that Sylvanias (for example) are now lasting well.

The color balance has also improved greatly. You couldn't even THINK
about fluorescents near the bathroom mirror in the 'good old days'.