Re: Testing statistical thermo (was: Re: TdS is not dQ or d(anything))

Jim, you certainly have a point but you are not right to generalize and deny
everything. dQ is a meaningful quantity - e.g. it is the energy increase in a
system in contact with hotter surroundings.

Q is absolutely _not_ energy!!! And it often has nothing to do with
"hotter surroundings" which was well established by Joule -- at least for
some of us.

Also, Carnot was a genius - perhaps
the greatest logician (together with Mendel) among natural scientists.

I am quietly smiling to myself -- but then I have no known French ancestry
-- well, except for Louis XIV, but he wouldn't count in this case.

Jim

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen