lamp problem solved

Hi.
FYI, I solved my 3-way lamp problem. I found a $10 gadget at Lowes
Hardware that plugs into the wall and makes any lamp (must be metal I
believe) into a 4-way touch lamp. On the fifth touch, something really
neat happens. The lamp dims itself, and finally turns completely off,
in 20 second intervals. It works splendidly, even better than before.
The only difference I've noticed is that now I have to use two or three
fingers to touch the lamp. Before, a single fingertip did the trick.
Now I have *four* brightness levels and the cool auto-dim-off feature.
I've no idea how it works, but it solved my problem.

Cheers,
Joe Heafner

-----
The ONLY way to stop computer viruses is to STOP using Microsoft
products, openly known as viral petri dishes. Why don't you all get
this?