Re: Experimental verification of the relativity theory

At 10:32 -0500 5/5/03, Jack Uretsky wrote:

As a practical matter it is not possible to create, or analyze, a
high-energy physics experiment without taking relativistic effects into
account. This is not just a "scientific curiosity", it is an engineering
reality.

Since a 25 keV electron is traveling at about 30% of the speed of
light, I would also imagine that the proper design of a
high-definition color CRT would have to take into account the effects
of SR as well. It would appear that we all have to live with the
reality of SR. And of course the GPSS would not even be possible if
the satellite clocks weren't corrected for the effects of GR.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams