Re: hydrinos

On Wednesday, Apr 23, 2003, at 10:11 US/Eastern, Emigh, David wrote:

As best as I can tell there is absolutely nothing to his claims. The people
at the www.csicop.org have a short blurb about it written 6 years ago.
Mills (who is an MD not a physicist or chemist etc) has not built any such
device and is still trying to raise capital for his idea. Let's just look
at the obvious. There is no solution to the basic Shrodinger equations that
have "fractional" quantum numbers. If he is right Quantum Mechanics is
sunk and transitors do not work.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Ludwik Kowalski [mailto:kowalskil@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 8:17 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: hydrinos

REPOSTING; THE FIRST TEXT WAS CHOPPED.

Randell Mills claims that the ground state of hydrogen
(ionization energy 13.6 eV) is not the lowest possible
energy state of the atom? How can it be that such thing
was never discovered by spectroscopists?

Hydrogen atoms below the ground state were named
hydrinos. Mills justifies their existence on theoretical
grounds. A short summary of his work can be found at:

http://www.blacklightpower.com/theory.shtml

The underlined title is actually a link to his March 3, 2003
conference presentation. I clicked on it and an impressive
1.2 Mb file (157 slides) appeared on my desktop. Unfortunately,
I am not very familiar with most of what he refers to. Are Mills'
theoretical claims valid or are they used to impress those of
us whose familiarity with modern theories are very limited? I
saw a mixture of familiar concepts and concepts too advanced
for me. Do Mills' equations justify existence of hydrinos? Are his
arguments real or are they only a camuflage for nonsense?

P.S. Information about Mills' company (BLP) and about its
scientists, can be found at www.blacklightpower.com
Ludwik Kowalski

I wish I were equipped to evaluate Mills theory by myself.
Google brings a lot of items, many positive and many negative.