Re: Why called diffraction?

"John S. Denker" wrote:

On 04/24/2003 04:14 PM, John Mallinckrodt wrote:
... "single slit diffraction," "edge diffraction," or "circular
aperture diffraction." Nothing that I would want very much to call

cut

I don't think the numerousness of the lines in
the grating that is the key idea. I think the
_spacing_ between the lines is what makes it a
diffraction grating. Eight or ten lines is enough
to do a pretty good job (although not maximally
convenient to set up).

you don't have a Cornell demo. slide?
http://nemesis.ucsc.edu/optics/wave.html

search <cornell>

bc who thinks his demo $$ were well spent