Organ Pipes

I was talking to the choirmaster and organist of the local church yesterday.
As it happens, he is an organ builder - one of very few.

I idly remarked that I recalled that the metal pipes are uniquely temperature
sensitive.
He agreed of course, remarking that the tone is flat at low temperature,
and so he would turn on the heating until the temperature reached about 70
degF
then switch to air conditioning.

Caught unawares, I offered (wrongly) that surely pipes would be sharp at low
temperature?

He reminded me that temperature (and humidity too) determine c in air
(of course...).
Which reminds me that he also previously mentioned that it not mechanical
rods,
bundles of pneumatic tubes nor yet thick bundles of electric wire that connect
to the pipe loft. In the case of St Paul's Episcopal church, Altus, it is
(can you guess?)
.
.
.