Re: Spelling and Grammar in our e-mails

At 9:21 -0500 3/10/03, Spagna Jr., George wrote:

The complete URL is corrupted by a line break at the . after the word=
text.
"essay.reut/index.html" completes the address.

Why doesn't everyone simply put all URLs in brackets, <URL>, which,
at least in my e-mail program, solves the line wrap problem? A while
back it solved it in almost every e-mail program. Is that no longer
true? For a while, I was in the habit of making this change to any
incoming mail that contained a URL that wasn't bracketed, but
recently almost none of them are bracketed, and the number of
complaints about being unable to access a posted URL is increasing.
Have e-mail program developers stopped including that very useful
function?

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams