Re: Spelling and Grammar in our e-mails

As you can see from Julie's reply*, putting the brackets
around the link makes no difference. The message is
being broken at about 68 characters or so regardless.

The same thing happens to my messages.

*Richard Hake had commented that...
Thus Julie might better have written:
M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'
". . . . there was a very interesting article on
<http://www.cnn.com/> a few days ago about an extreme example of
this problem. Check it out at:
<http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/03/03/offbeat.text.essay.reut/index.html>
M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'M'
This was included in Julie's reply but in her reply the line
is broken between the "inde" and "x" of index (as I suspect
mine will be as well, even though I have typed it in as one
complete line).
Robert Cohen; rcohen@po-box.esu.edu; 570-422-3428; http://www.esu.edu/~bbq
Physics, East Stroudsburg Univ., E. Stroudsburg, PA 18301