Re: Terminology Question

Chladni was German, though I don't know about the name. I've always
pronounced the "ch" as a light fricative at the back of the mouth, as in
"Bach".

Btw, "Kladni" in Italian would be written "Cladni". The "h" is added to
harden the c only when followed by "e" or "i". And you can't always tell
with names: around Trieste many Italians have Slavic names ending in "ich"
(Italian spelling) e.g. Decovich, where the "ch" is pronounced as in "church".

Mark