Re: classical mechanics text suggestions

Dave Belanger @ UCSC used M & T last quarter (PH105). Not offered this
Q.

He's been using it since it was M only (1st and 2nd ed.)

I tried checking with the fac. who teach it @ the Naval school, and
failed (Fac. meet?). I know they used M, as a Prof. gave me his old
one.

When a student (UCSC) tried to model non linear oscilaltors with an
analog computer, I refered to M for help, and found it rather
accessible.

More later if you squeak.

bc

"Carl E. Mungan" wrote:

I'd like some opinions on Classical Mechanics textbooks. Our course
is fall semester junior year, 4 credits (1 extra hour than usual).
The students have taken 3 intro courses out of Tipler the previous

cut