Re: Good popular books for 6-10 grade

Take a look at:

http://orlando.lhs.berkeley.edu/Tango/FOSSbooks.qry?function=form

http://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/scimathlit/

http://www.enc.org/topics/across/lit/

The Way Things Work by David Macaulay might be a good choice.

Larry Woolf; General Atomics; San Diego, CA 92121; Phone 858-455-4475;
www.sci-ed-ga.org

Our regional science fair is coming up in about 3 weeks. The
physics department typically gives out monetary prizes for the the top
couple high school and middle school entries. We'd like to include a fun
or interesting book that is level-appropriate as well. Does anyone have
suggestions for popular books that kids in the 6-10th grade bracket
might
find enjoyable?
Thanks!
Mark