Re: 'Global warming is great,'

At 19:21 06 02 2003 , the following was received:
I've been following the global warming/climate change research published in
Science for several years now. A few years ago, the editors of Science
published a statement from the AAAS that summarized some of the evidence and
conclusions based on a mountain of papers published over the past 20 years,
to wit:

1. Global warming is real.

Maybe so but there is not anything we can do about it. It is a natural
phenomenon caused by the precession of the Earth's spin -- It happens about
every 26k yr. In a few years (or sooner) we will be heading into the next
glaciation and we will welcome all the CO2 we can muster.

2. The current spate of global warming is at least partially caused by human
activity.

If "at least partially" means conceivably detectable, OK, but so
what. Sections of the planet will benefit; other sections will complain
why the US doesn't do something -- but France and Germany will complain
that the US is getting too involved. Russia will back off as it will get
warmer and for once fend for itself.

Some are building tree houses in Manitoba and others in Mexico.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen