Interference and parallel plates

I have been trying to show the interference pattern between two parallel
glass plates which has one end separated by a thin foil. I am supposed to
use monochromatic light. The closest I have for that is one of the LED
Lights i bought at the hardware.

I could use some guidance on what light does work or any other tips that
will make this work. The paper that came with these plates makes it sound
so easy.

Thanks in advance

Ken Fox