From: Larry Woolf [mailto:Larry.Woolf@GAT.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 10:29 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: a link to some interesting illusions

Re: http://www.iscc.org/pdf/demystifying_screen.pdf
Question and answer #1

I believe that the question is appropriate.

The question addresses the common misconception that "all of
the colors are
in the rainbow."

This may not be a misconception among physics teachers, but
it is among many
students. Magenta is easily used as an example of a color
that consists of a
mixture of short and long wavelengths - a non-spectral color.

The purpose of the site is to address common color misconceptions - as
such, it does a pretty good job.