Re: There's work, and then there's work

Hugh Haskell wrote:

I'm probably making a big mistake jumping in here, but this rant is
so over the top that it must be responded to even if the response is
ignored. It would appear, David, that you have not the least
understanding of the concept of energy. Energy, being a scalar
quantity does not have "components," although it is possible to
associate the energy that arises due to any given component of the
object's velocity. But the most important aspect of this is that the
path of an electron through a wire, or a resistor is not a straight
line but a more or less "biased random walk" involving lots of
bouncing around between the various atoms of the wire or resistor.

[snip]

I give up! It's obvious that none of you has listened to a thing I've
said. Therefore, a note will be sent to your parents, informing them
that you have all failed my course, and suggesting that your allowances
be reduced accordingly.

Class dismissed!

--
Dave Rutherford
"New Transformation Equations and the Electric Field Four-vector"

Applications:
"4/3 Problem Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/elecmass.pdf
"Action-reaction Paradox Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/actreact.pdf
"Energy Density Correction"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/enerdens.pdf
"Proposed Quantum Mechanical Connection"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/quantum.pdf