Re: Salt Lake City?

I AM SORRY FOR POSTING THE LAST MESSAGE. IT WAS A REPLY
TO DON IN PRIVATE BUT I FORGOT TO CHANGE THE ADDRESS.

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 12:06 PM, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Dear Dan:

Thanks a lot. I am not interested in cats at this time but in a
contact near Salt Lake City. I remember interacting with John on
several occasions; he made a very good impression on me. I may be
doing some experiments in a private lab there and being able to borrow
a familiar instrument might suddenly become essential. The claim is
highly unusual but I want to have real experience with the so-called
"cold fusion." So far I was only reading what others have done
recently; I am no longer saying it is all nonsense. A good and simple
experiment through which a clear YES or NO answer can be obtained is
worth doing, even if the chance for YES is very small.

After devoting a lot of time to the subject (this is my sabbatical
year project) I think that I am ready to make a good presentation, for
example, an invited talk at the AAPT meeting, entitled "Cold Fusion,
Thirteen Years Later." Do you think that suggesting this would be too
pretentious? After all I am only a teacher.
Best regards,
Ludwik