Re: There's work, and then there's work

Bob LaMontagne wrote:

David Rutherford wrote:

Talk to Ludwik about it, he agrees with me that doing both experiments
at the same time on the same circuit is valid. Check his response in
this thread at

http://mailgate1.nau.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0301&L=phys-l&F=&S=&P=38796

Maybe he can explain it better to you than I can. I'm fresh out of new
ways to explain it, sorry.

Of course you can perform both measurements (current vs time and temperature rise)
simultaneously in the same experiment - however, nowhere does he agree that the
results can be added. They are simply two ways of measuring the same quantity - the
energy in the capacitor.

My question was:

"Is it valid to combine (add) the results of both experiments if they
are done at the same time on the same circuit?"

Ludwik's response was:

"You are correct that two experiments can be performed at the
same time."

Maybe Ludwik can clear up what he meant. I assumed he was saying that
it was valid to combine the results.

--
Dave Rutherford
"New Transformation Equations and the Electric Field Four-vector"

Applications:
"4/3 Problem Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/elecmass.pdf
"Action-reaction Paradox Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/actreact.pdf
"Energy Density Correction"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/enerdens.pdf
"Proposed Quantum Mechanical Connection"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/quantum.pdf