Re: There's work, and then there's work

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

p.s. mute? point (I don't think moot is the correct word either.)

Ouch! That's embarrasing! Thanks for catching that.

Also, in response to your posting in a separate email, I agree that there is some motion of the
affected positive charges, and your analogy to a wall bending slightly to a force is an apt one.
I didn't want to go there in my response to David because I didn't want to associate any of these
secondary motions with a current of positive charges through the resistor - his claim for a
possible way that a capacitor discharges.

Bob at PC