Re: There's work, and then there's work

John Mallinckrodt wrote:

I don't intend to expend any further bandwidth on this discussion.
I'll simply remind you that extraordinary claims require
extraordinary evidence.

Which I gave you. Check out:

http://mailgate1.nau.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0301&L=phys-l&F=&S=&P=29705

Successful new theories in physics must at
least make predictions that agree in every case where existing theory
is in agreement with experiment.

What about where existing theory is in disagreement with experiment, as
is the case, here. Or is existing theory exempt from that requirement.

However, since that alone confers no advantage, they must also either
be simpler or more beautiful than existing theories and/or they must
make predictions that are at odds with current theory and in accord
with experiment.

You've described my theory, perfectly.

Your "theory" fails to meet the minimum requirement by not even agreeing in the
simplest and most well understood cases.

As I've shown, it's conventional theory that has failed to meet the
minimum requirement, not mine. If you are an ethical person, you will
now expend as much effort badmouthing the conventional result for the
energy of a charge distribution, as you have on badmouthing my result.
Otherwise, you are a hippocrit. Of course, it's obvious to me which kind
of person you are, so I'm not expecting you to do anything about it.

P.S. I'm sending you an email copy of this, in case you try to say that
you didn't see it.

--
Dave Rutherford
"New Transformation Equations and the Electric Field Four-vector"

Applications:
"4/3 Problem Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/elecmass.pdf
"Action-reaction Paradox Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/actreact.pdf
"Energy Density Correction"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/enerdens.pdf
"Proposed Quantum Mechanical Connection"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/quantum.pdf